ADSM-L

How reclamation doesn't work

2001-08-07 09:16:26
Subject: How reclamation doesn't work
From: "<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:17:11 -0400
I just noticed something peculiar with the way reclamation works or doesn't
work.
With an administrative schedule I set a reclamation threshold for one of my
tape pools low so reclamation begins at 11:30 (upd stg nttapeco rec=65)
Then at 14:30 I set the reclamation threshold back to 100 so reclamation
should stop right (upd stg nttapeco rec=100) Wrong.
Reclamation continues to run until 02:30 the next am.
I thought that TSM would recognize the change in threshold and maybe stop
reclamation processing after its finished the current tape but it doesn't.
 It looks like it continues until all tapes in the pool are reclaimed?
How should it work?