ADSM-L

Re: FC Device Driver on AIX

2001-08-02 21:45:56
Subject: Re: FC Device Driver on AIX
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 04:47:23 +0300
As you read tivoli.tsm.devices.rte and tivoli.tsm.devices.fcprte are
mutualy exclusive filesets.
The reason is that the latter DOES CONTAIN all the files from the first
one. Thus you get both FC and SCSI attachments. All singing, all dancing.
BUT BE CAREFULL for the order:
1. install tivoli.tsm.devices.fcprte,
2. remove tivoli.tsm.devices.rte,
3. force install again tivoli.tsm.devices.fcprte to get back removed files.
If you try to remove first tivoli.tsm.devices.rte fileset you get deleted
all your devices and will have to re-create them. Not a disaster but more
work :-)
This raises the question:
Why Tivoli packaged the FCP support with SCSI support instead of making
tivoli.tsm.devices.fcp (FCP only fileset) dependant on
tivoli.tsm.devices.rte?
Maybe to be coherent with other platforms. But for them we do not have the
need to do the three step process (do we?).

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM> on 02.08.2001 22:14:44