ADSM-L

Re: Backup Strategy

2001-08-02 21:43:39
Subject: Re: Backup Strategy
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 04:45:04 +0300
Jon,

you are doing things well. But you did not pointed how much is your backup
data to see is this a problem or not. But to fill several libraries in 4
1/2 hours is good job and I think there is no any problems.
Normally the backup of clients to primary pools (!) must finish within the
backup window (usually during the night). Rest of the time is available for
migration, backup of primary pools to copy pools, etc. There is nothing to
be concerned, just a matter of proper scripts.
If the speed is still unsatisfactory you can install additional drive(s) in
the library(ies).
Also companies grow so grows their data and this also is normal. You can
add more slots is the libraries are upgradeable and there is room to
upgrade. Or additional library can be bought (together with drives it will
give you also the speed). Or even throw all existing ones away and buy huge
new one :-)
All this is not your problem - it's a problem for your purchasing
department.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM> on 01.08.2001 18:15:58