ADSM-L

Re: Backup Trigger

2001-08-02 16:14:03
Subject: Re: Backup Trigger
From: Christian Astuni <astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:11:10 -0300
When I run this command i see this:

adsm> q volhist t=dbb

       Date/Time: 08/02/2001 11:25:25
     Volume Type: BACKUPFULL
   Backup Series: 2
Backup Operation: 0
      Volume Seq: 1
    Device Class: 3590CLASS
     Volume Name: SPDB02
 Volume Location:

But when start the backup database, the volume name is dbbk.1

ANR8326I 024: Mount 3590 volume DBBK.1 R/W in drive DRIVE1 (/dev/rmt1) of
library 3590LIB within 51 minutes.

And i mounted any volumen and tha backup run ok.

Christian Astuni
IBM Global Services
astuni AT ar.ibm DOT com
Tel. 4898-4621
Hipolito Yrigoyen 2149  - Martínez (1640) Bs. As. - Argentina

                    "Cook, Dwight

                    E"                   To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <cookde AT BP DOT COM       cc:

                    >                    Subject:     Re: Backup Trigger

                    Sent by:

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR

                    IST.EDU>

                    02/08/2001

                    17:44

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Where are you seeing the name "dbbk.1" ?
if you use a device class that is a file out on a disk somewhere I believe
the names you will see under Unix will be things like 96577202.DBB
if you are going to a tape device, the label should not change.

tsm: TDCDSM03>q volhist t=dbb

       Date/Time: 07/26/01   11:10:09
     Volume Type: BACKUPFULL
   Backup Series: 1,107
Backup Operation: 0
      Volume Seq: 1
    Device Class: 3590DEVC
     Volume Name: AAC382
 Volume Location:
         Command:

OK, I run with IBM S70 servers & IBM 3494 ATL with 3590-B1A drives
I also run with logmode normal  (I have to much client activity to ever
think about running roll forward)
Anyway, daily I perform a full db backup to a scratch tape, then I do a
        del volhist t=dbb tod=-7
to allow any data base backup tapes older than 7 days to go back to
scratch.

Dwight