ADSM-L

Another Upgrade Question (Windows Platform)

2001-08-01 10:59:00
Subject: Another Upgrade Question (Windows Platform)
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 07:59:35 -0700
I've been looking at the readme for Server Version 4.1.4.0 for Windows.
I'm not sure of what's required to upgrade from Version 3.7

The Readme states that to upgrade from a previous 4.X version prior to 4.1.3
you first need to uninstall the previous version. Text of readme follows:

*********
  * $$3 Windows installation requires uninstallation of previous version for
upgrade *

*********

  On the Windows platform, unwanted repairs of the registry effecting the
server will
  occur if migration is allowed to occur from previously installed 4.x
versions.
  The following procedure  must be followed to successfully migrate to this new
version.

The procedure instructs you to uninstall your previous version,
and to reinstall the license files after installing the new version.

Since the readme states 4.X versions, does this mean that we can upgrade
directly from Version 3.7 to 4.1.4.0?

Or do we have to upgrade to 4.1.0.0, then uninstall, then install 4.1.4.0, then
reinstall
the license files?

Signed
     Confused