ADSM-L

Re: TSM quick questions

2001-07-31 19:26:43
Subject: Re: TSM quick questions
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 02:27:57 +0300
1. Same data twice - I am not sure but as far as I know - NO! After first
backup you can make second copies (in copy pool, backup sets) but not at
the same time.
2. Under Notes/Domino - YES! In Notes/Domino each user's mail box is a
separate database which can be restored individually. If you use Notes
shared mail feature the answer will be NO - you can restore user's mail box
but if particular message was purged from shared mail database by Object
Collect task it was gone. You are restoring only a stub.
3. TSM itself is not capable to backup database logs and file groups. This
is done by Tivoli Data Protection products. So both are needed.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant