ADSM-L

Max # sessions

2001-07-31 17:26:31
Subject: Max # sessions
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:27:47 -0500
Is there a preferred max number of simultaneous backup session?  I now
backup about 20 server at a time during one session but I notice that some
have "recv wait" status if I do a "q sess".  I thought TSM was multi
threaded and would backup all of them at once.  I have a gig card in the tsm
server so network bandwith isn't an issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are
addressed.   If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Health
Information  Management (312) 996-3941.