ADSM-L

Re: Magstar 3570

2001-07-29 20:10:54
Subject: Re: Magstar 3570
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:12:06 +0300
We run a nightly archive of 70 GB that is taking just over 8 hours
uncompressed.   In our Magstar 3570 we have two different tape drives.   My
question follows:   Is it possible to be running two different archives at
the same time to cut down the processing time?   If it is possible how
would
you go at it?

If you wish to do backup on two (or more drives) simultaneously just change
the MAXNUMMP parameter for the nodes you want to speed-up the backup. This
should allow you to write to many devices using single session.
Anyway I stay at my previous opinion that backup to disk (with server
migrating data to tape) has to be faster.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant