ADSM-L

Re: Hand-held 3590 barcode reader?

2001-07-27 16:58:51
Subject: Re: Hand-held 3590 barcode reader?
From: Allen Barth <allen_barth AT SCUDDER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:58:13 -0500
We're using some from 'Symbol' and they hook into an interface which then
uploades data to a CA product on a pc

Al Barth
Zurich Scudder Investments

                    David Longo
                    <David.Longo@HEALTH-        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    FIRST.ORG>                  cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist        Subject:     Re: Hand-held 3590
barcode reader?
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED

                    07/27/01 02:15 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Richard,

There was some discussion about this here a few months ago.
I seem to remember one or more people had one.

David Longo

>>> rbs AT BU DOT EDU 07/27/01 03:08PM >>>
Anyone have a recommendation for hand-held 3590 barcode reader?
Our Operations group is handling a lot of tapes and I thought
it would facilitate things for them to be able to simply scan
the barcode on the 3590 tapes rather than manually record numbers.
(I'd also need either accompanying interface software or specs
for writing some.)

  thanks,  Richard Sims, Boston University OIT

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 07/27/01 15:20:28
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular
entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views
or opinions.