ADSM-L

Magstar 3570

2001-07-26 15:11:42
Subject: Magstar 3570
From: Bill Wheeler <Bill.Wheeler AT LA-Z-BOY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:12:29 -0400
Hello *SMers,

        Here is a situation that we are trying to look at to hopefully cut
down our archive time.  I was wondering if any of you have an idea if it
would be possible.

Currently we are running TSM 4.1.2.0 on an AIX 4.3.3.0

We run a nightly archive of 70 GB that is taking just over 8 hours
uncompressed.   In our Magstar 3570 we have two different tape drives.   My
question follows:   Is it possible to be running two different archives at
the same time to cut down the processing time?   If it is possible how would
you go at it?   I know I see allot of *SMers talking about backup clients at
the same time, but the information we back up comes off of one RS/6000 AIX
server.    Is it possible to be running two sessions off the same machine at
the same time?

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks in Advance,

Bill Wheeler
AIX Administrator
La-Z-Boy Incorporated
bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com <mailto:bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com>