ADSM-L

Oracle Question

2001-07-26 13:30:03
Subject: Oracle Question
From: Thiha Than <tthan AT US.TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:15:45 -0700
hi,

You can issue server sql commands to see the information you want.  The
commands will work for any kind of backup, not only for Oracle.

> select * from backups where node_name='your-nodename-in-cap-letters' AND
filespace_name='your-file-space-name-as-it-is'

another command:
> select * from contents where node_name='your-nodename-in-cap-letters'
AND filespace_name='your-file-space-name-as-it-is'

For example, if your nodename is test and filespace name is /adsmorc:

> select * from backups where node_name='TEST' AND
filespace_name='/adsmorc'

regards,
Thiha

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

We have oracle database on NT and TSM on AIX. Looking at the client node,
under FileSpace Name I find \adsmorc which does not show the size.  How
can
I find out how much is backed up?

Mehdi Amini
LAN/WAN Engineer