ADSM-L

Re: Will TSM back up open files on Novell Netware NSS volumes?

2001-07-25 17:06:58
Subject: Re: Will TSM back up open files on Novell Netware NSS volumes?
From: Michael Oski <moski AT APPLE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:06:28 -0700
Not sure if NSS is an issue or not, haven't used Netware in a couple of
years. As for open files in general though, I did use St. Bernard
Software's Open File Agent (OFA) on a few platforms including a Netware
SFT III environment. It's a piece of cake to install and setup, and I
used ADSM 3.1, ArcServe, and one other I don't recall... perhaps
Veritas' product...

Anyway, I used it to backup database flat files that had to be
synchronized during backup. Having 11 flat files comprise a singe
database, and one of the files may be opened during the backup window,
OFA was great when the files were configured as a group. If all files in
the group could be accessed within the timeframe I set, the backup
processed a static snapshot of all files, completely synch'd.