ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange v2.2

2001-07-24 08:17:17
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange v2.2
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:17:58 -0400
>2.  Two of my Exchange servers will be backup over our WAN.  With version
>1.1 I am having occasional problems with the back up eating up all my
>available bandwidth.

Well, that's a network administration and technology choice issue.
The ATM networking method provides for usage apportionment, and of
course there is SAN, to keep bulk data transfer off "interactive"
networks.  Network utilization is something definitely outside the
bounds of TSM, as is the case with any application: they simply fill
network buffers as the space is made available to them.

  Richard Sims, BU