ADSM-L

Re: TCP error 10053

2001-07-24 07:34:25
Subject: Re: TCP error 10053
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:33:08 -0400
Are traces a TSM function or outside the scope of TSM?

                    Jeff Bach
                    <jdbach@WAL-M        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    ART.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: TCP error 10053
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    07/20/2001
                    08:50 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Good steps.  Support will indicate that you have a "TCP/IP issue" .

To find the issue:  run  a client ADSM trace, client TCP/IP trace, sniffer
on the client port, sniffer on the server port, server TCP/IP trace, and
server ADSM trace.  Run these all of once.

TCP flush is an error sending data to from the client to the server.  I
have
seen this problem 9 months ago on NT systems communicating with a UNIX
server.  It went away before we could find root cause.

Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

WAL-MART CONFIDENTIAL