ADSM-L

Re: TSM upgrade on NSM

2001-07-24 02:04:11
Subject: Re: TSM upgrade on NSM
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:03:08 +0200
Guten Morgen Thomas,

I cant help you with NSM experience,

but I just signed a SW-Service contract with IBM ( ie. TIVOLI -Austria ) so
I can tell you a little abouth the pricing. You have to buy the TSM Server
SW with all
the Tier Support you need ( so here the pricing differs). When you buy it,
you get an "upgrade protection" for the first year. (  this means you will
get ALL Updates and NEW versions without any charge in the first year ).
After that - if you need a new version you have two possibilities :

1) Buy the SW again
2) Sign a SW Maintenance contract and you will receive all updates and NEW
versions again. ( But - you HAVE TO BUY all the years passed, since you
payed the lasttime the full price )

As the pricing for SW-maintenance contract is based on Tiers (1-3) I can
just give you an example:

1x TSM Server for AIX ( Tier 2 ; UNIX Server with< 24 Processors )
1x TSM Advanced Library ( 3775 in our case )
5x TSM Client ( Tier1 - Intel based)
5x TSM Client  ( Tier2 - Unix based )
gives a charge of about ATS: 60.000.- per year

To get a real pricing for your environment I think its best to contact yout
IBM or TIVOLI rep.

herfried

EUROSTAR - Graz/Austria
A DaimlerChrysler Company