ADSM-L

Re: Automated monitoring of backup

2001-07-20 12:32:15
Subject: Re: Automated monitoring of backup
From: "Dwight R. Wood" <drwood88 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:32:58 -0700
Hi Gill, I am not sure what OS you are running TSM on but I am running mine
on Solaris and I have a cron job set up to run every morning at 6:00. The
script in the cron job is as follows:

echo "****** TSM Backup Report ******" > /usr/local/adsm/log
echo For 'date' >> /usr/local/adsm/log
echo "The following is the status of last night's backups\n" >>
/usr/local/adsm/log
dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin "q event * * begindate=-1 >>
/usr/local/adsm/log"
mailx -s "TSM_Report" yourname AT email DOT com< /usr/local/adsm/log

That is pretty much it. Of coarse, you will need to change the id and pa
from admin to a real admin name and password on your system and replace
yourname AT email DOT com with your email address. You can also add as many
email
addresses that you want so other people can receive the email. Basically
this job creates a file called 'log' within the /usr/local/adsm directory,
then it mails that file to the recipients. I hope this helps.

Dwight Wood