ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli for Domino

2001-07-18 03:45:02
Subject: Re: Tivoli for Domino
From: Andre Schwier <Andre.Schwier AT ELSA DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:45:36 +0200
Hi together, hi Del

i´m running version 1.1.1 of TDP for Domino.
Plattform is Windows 2000.
Transaction logging is set to "archival" an the command "domdsmc archivelog" is
working from the console also.
But when i´m running my scheduler which is the same scheduler i´m using for my
other clustered notes server it´s not working.
I´m running on each server the same "domarc.cmd" you see attached to this
email.This scheduler is running every 30 minutes.

What i´m not understanding is, when i´m removing the cluster server from member
list all is working automatically fine ...

Thanks you for your help
Andre

 Andre Schwier      Information Technology
 ELSA AG       Networking Technology Services
 Sonnenweg 11       Phone:    +49-(0)241-606-3426
 52070 Aachen
 http://www.elsa.de
 Germany       EMail:    andre.schwier AT elsa DOT de

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Del Hoobler  |
|        |          <[email protected]|
|        |          BM.COM>      |
|        |                       |
|        |          17.07.2001   |
|        |          17:16        |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          "ADSM: Dist  |
|        |          Stor Manager"|
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->

  |       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

  |       cc:     (bcc: Andre Schwier/ELSA/DE)                                 |
  |       Subject:     Re: Tivoli for Domino                                   |

Andre,

Are you running version 1.1.1 of TDP for Domino?
What platform is your Domino server on?

As long as transaction logging is set to "archival" type
on your Domino Server you should be able to run
the "domdsmc archivelog" command and back up the logs.
The fact that it is a member of a cluster is not
supposed to have any effect on this.
Make sure you are running version 1.1.1 and make sure
transaction logging is set to archival.
Then, retry the "domdsmc archivelog" command.
If it still does not work, please call IBM support.
A trace may help determine what is going on.
Lotus will also need to get involved since it
is the Lotus API that determines when logs
are "ready" for archive. And as of Domino 5.04,
the archivelog command (without the threshhold option)
will always back up the "active" log whether it is
full or not.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Andre Schwier
                    <Andre.Schwier       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    @ELSA.DE>            cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Tivoli for Domino
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    07/17/2001
                    10:56 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi together,

i have a problem with a domino cluster member and TSM.
When the cluster-domino server is configured as a cluster member the
transaction
log files will not be archived. ( but no error mesages in the log files )
When removing the cluster-domino server from the member list all is normal.

I´m using TSM 3.7.4 on RS/6000 AIX4.1
Domino Server 5.07

Thank you for your help
Andre Schwier