ADSM-L

DRM Question

2001-07-17 10:47:04
Subject: DRM Question
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:47:33 -0500
I'm getting ready to install DRM for offsite storage and I'm unclear on the
exact meaning of the following from the manual.

When a backup volume is reclaimed and the TSM status for a copy storage
pool volume is EMPTY, or the database backup series is EXPIRED, the volume
should be moved back onsite for reuse or disposal. To determine which
volumes to retrieve, issue the following command:
query drmedia * wherestate=vaultretrieve

I'm only sending a copypool offsite, and I understand this to say that all
tapes that are reclaimed over the weekend will be internally changed to
"wherestate=vaultretrieve" and that the tapes, which will have "stat=empty"
will not be immediately deleted from the storagepool
the way that empty tapes are deleted from a primary storagepool.

TIA