ADSM-L

Re: LARGE FILE BACKUPS THROUGH A FIREWALL.

2001-07-16 14:53:00
Subject: Re: LARGE FILE BACKUPS THROUGH A FIREWALL.
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:53:21 -0400
We NAT'ted out TSM server and we perform backups via the firewall. When we
did this we only allowed the TSM TCP/IP ports to talk through the
firewall.

Mahesh

>>> jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM 07/16/01 02:02PM >>>
Steve,

        Instead of a traditional firewall, have you proposed using either
Gigabit router with filter rules or a switch with filter rules
restricting
access between the ports.  Other routers limit throughput to 100 Meg and
firewalls may be even worse.

Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.