ADSM-L

Re: Archive Question

2001-07-16 11:14:54
Subject: Re: Archive Question
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:15:16 -0400
What is it you are archiving?  Are you sure that the data would
not be less on some days?  If there are not a lot of files, then
look at dsmsched.log on the client and see what files and sizes
were archived.  This may show why it is less some days, or point
to files/directories where it is less.

(Maybe you have less data on weekends).

David Longo

>>> Bill.Wheeler AT LA-Z-BOY DOT COM 07/16/01 10:57AM >>>
Hello *SMers,

        I have a question for all those people out there that know more
about TSM than I do.   Can someone explain to me why there would be a
fluctuation in the amount of data backed up in an archive?   We run a
nightly archive on our system, but the amount of GB backed up are different.
I can understand if the information would just be growing but some days it
is less than the day before.   Any explanation?

We are running

TSM    4.1.2.0
AIX      4.3.3

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Bill Wheeler
AIX Administrator
La-Z-Boy Incorporated
bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com <mailto:bill.wheeler AT la-z-boy DOT com>

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 07/16/01 11:19:32
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.