ADSM-L

How to make to inclexcl list to fit my needs???

2001-07-12 20:24:11
Subject: How to make to inclexcl list to fit my needs???
From: David Ruiz <tsm_mexico AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:24:24 -0700
Hi all TSMers,

I am trying to build an include/exclude list for a
HPUX box. I want to backup something sometimes and not
to backup this same thing others, the problem is that
if I put it on an exclude statement, I will never be
able to backup it unless I include it again. I have
this:

/opt/tivoli
/opt/OMImag
/opt/netscape
/opt/MC1
/opt/MC2
.
.
/opt/MC6
/opt/data
/opt/development
.
.
.
/opt/lotsofdirs

I want to backup the whole /opt filesystem but the MC1
and MC2...MC6 in the night and to backup only this MC*
at in the day.

I have already tryied to use two incl/excl lists but
when I use the second one and some file that was
included is now excluded it is automaticly deleted by
an expiration process.

I tryied to do the backup with a dsmc command but it
becomes an never-ending line (too long).

Hope you can give some advice.

David.