ADSM-L

Re: Audit vol fails

2001-07-12 11:09:38
Subject: Re: Audit vol fails
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:07:05 EDT
In article <D77A50E04B20D411978B009027FCB90289CAE0 AT orla189a.orla.siemens DOT
com>,
Palmadesso Jack <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM> says:

>Good mornining all,
>
>One of my DLT IV tapes seems to have gone bad last night.  When I try to run
>an audit vol fix=yes on the volume the system complains that there was an
>i/o error while trying to read the vol label.  This causes the process to
>fail.  I have no way of mounting this vol and there is data on it.  Other
>than recreating the vol from the copy pool is there another way to fix this?
>
>Jack Palmadesso

Hello Jack

If you have not already tried this solution, you can try reading the dlt cart
on other dlt drives. If the tape is not a total wreck, you might be able to
read it on another drive.

The other choice is to have a tape recovery company recover the data. But this
is costly and restoring the volume from a copy pool tape would be much better
and cheaper.

len