ADSM-L

Re: backup DB doesn't reflect discarded data from TAPE DELETE

2001-07-11 11:54:05
Subject: Re: backup DB doesn't reflect discarded data from TAPE DELETE
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:54:18 -0400
>...I deleted the tapes that should hold theses ACTIVE files with
>DISCARD=YES.  I would believe it would take it off the data base. ...

Matt - Deleting a Primary storage pool volume certainly results in the
       files that were on the volume being deleted from the TSM database.
Filespace name changes (often from capricious changed made on client
systems) are the most common reason for data hanging around indefinitely
in TSM.  And sometimes, data backed up via API is not subsequently deleted
by the client when it becomes obsolete, so also hangs around.
If you change domains and the same-name policy domain does not exist in
the new policy domain, Backup files get rebound to the default management
class there.

   Richard Sims, BU