ADSM-L

TSM DB question

2001-07-10 14:47:19
Subject: TSM DB question
From: "Cooper, Joel (US - Hermitage)" <jocooper AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:31:31 -0400
I have an internal client that has requested we notify his group should they
end up with multiple versions of files.

The reason is that they are "static" workpapers for auditing and there are
legal and liability issues that could be connected to papers that have
changed once filed.

We were using queries to the TSM DB to crunch down and report only multiple
versions until we realized a "gotcha".

We found we at times have had multiple copies of files that are identical in
content. It could be a forced selective, a bug (like Daylight Savings Time),
or permission change. But the file is essentially the same.

We decided to use the modified date as a test to throw out files that were
not truly changed.

But I can't find anywhere in the TSM DB tables/columns where I can extract
this.

Does anyone know of a place or way to do this?

Thanks in advance. (I also opened a case with support...)

Joel Cooper
Deloitte & Touche LLP
jocooper AT deloitte DOT com
615-882-7701

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this