ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1.2.12 NT client installation.

2001-07-10 07:45:35
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1.2.12 NT client installation.
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 06:45:48 -0500
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:48:31 -0400, you wrote:
> But doesn't a complete install lead you to believe that the services for
>the web client will be installed? Even if we do a custom install and select
>the web client the services (Client acceptor and Remote Client) do not get
>installed.

No. An installation of services requires some configuration prior to
the service properly accessing option files and contacting the TSM
server. I can envision a scenario where a silent rollout of the TSM
client is performed to, say, a thousand clients. You may not want all
of those clients doing their initial (i.e., *large*) backups all on
the same day.