ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1.2.12 NT client installation.

2001-07-09 15:09:49
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1.2.12 NT client installation.
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:07:29 -0400
Andy,

 Thanks for the reply. This might be confusion on my part as the read-me
talks about the Web Client which I relate to the Client Acceptor and the
Remote Client Agent,here is the entry that I am talking about:

Installing the Client

---------------------
  *  Please NOTE:  The install dialogs are all new and different from t  *
Please NOTE:  The install dialogs are all new and different from the
*

  *  previous Version 3 Tivoli Storage Manager product.   The 3rd dialog
*

  *  on the new install path is Setup Type.  There are 2 choices,
*

  *  Complete (comparable to the old Typical) and Custom.   Complete
*

  *  installs the Backup-Archive client, the Web client, and the Online
*

  *  documentation.
*

  *  - The Tivoli Storage Manager Administrator command line client is NOT
*

  *    a part of the Complete install.
*

  *  - There is not a response file install as there was in TSM Version 3.
*

Please let me know if this is something that I am missing.

 - Brian

                   "Andy Raibeck"

                   <Andrew_Raibeck@T        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                   IVOLI.COM>               cc:

                   Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     Re: TSM 4.1.2.12 NT
client
                   Dist Stor                installation.

                   Manager"

                   <[email protected]

                   .EDU>

                   07/09/01 02:38 PM

                   Please respond to

                   "ADSM: Dist Stor

                   Manager"

Hi,

I just took a (admittedly quick) look at the README file, but could not
find it in the 4.1.2.12 README. I know it was in there at one time, but it
should have been since removed. If you can point me to the text, I can look
to have it removed from subsequent READMEs.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Tivoli Systems
e-mail: araibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."
"The command line is your friend"

From:      Brian L. Nick <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>

Sure we can do that but the readme for this client indicates that these
services will be installed automatically, or did I misinterpret this?