ADSM-L

Re: tsm 4.2 new features for windows nt perf

2001-07-09 10:38:58
Subject: Re: tsm 4.2 new features for windows nt perf
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:34:14 -0400
Len - I am very interested in this feature too.  I expect it
to eliminate the download from the server which takes a lot of
cpu.

I downloaded the client and tried journal backup to a 4.1.2 test
server and it didn't work.  I called in a problem report; the answer
from Tivoli is that even though the winnt/2k client manual doesn't
explicitly say that a 4.2 level server is required, that is the case.
So if you want to test journalled backups, order the 4.2 server upgrade
asap.

--