ADSM-L

Re: Change IP Address

2001-07-03 10:41:46
Subject: Re: Change IP Address
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 07:42:11 -0700
>Your clients need to know how to contact the server at the new
>address.  You
>may already have that under control, but since you didn't
>mention it, I'll
>assume it slipped your mind.

Lesley,

Thanks for the heads up on those other changes. Yes I did take all into
consideration. I've forced everyone to use the dns name and made sure they
restart their scheduler, been working on that one for a couple of weeks.
This way if the IP changes again I won't have this problem. Then again I
could be forced to change the name in the future so what the hell......
Actually about 1/4 of the servers are using IP so the change won't be too
hard.

Thanks again,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator