ADSM-L

Re: Which version of TSM Win32 to install - 4.1.2.12, 14, 17, 18 ??

2001-06-30 18:50:14
Subject: Re: Which version of TSM Win32 to install - 4.1.2.12, 14, 17, 18 ??
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:46:14 EDT
In article <3B321600.5088.B03D97C@localhost>, "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE
DOT EDU>
says:
>Is there an NTBackup of system object I can do transparently via *SM server
>and pre-schedule event?
>
>Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
>ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System
Hello Wayne

I believe that you can use the ntbackup program that comes with the
windows 2000 software to backup up the system objects to a file.
Then backup this file with TSM.
Or you can buy the backupexec product with the adsm feature which enables
backupexec to use adsm/tsm as a virtual tape device. A few more $$$.

It too bad the TSM folks can not post to this user group a url,
text or talk on the new features due out this summer/fall.

len