ADSM-L

Re: can't read tape label.

2001-06-28 09:39:15
Subject: Re: can't read tape label.
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:40:11 -0500
Also, check and make sure the labeling of the volume did not fail.   An I/O
error reading the label can just indicate that the label was not there.  Get
the sense code data and have ADSM support indicate what the message means.
Also, look at OS errors at the same time.

I got the same problem when label libvol commands failed and the tape was
checked into the server.

6/20/01   19:54:01  ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume H00554 in

                      drive RMT5 (/dev/rmt5).

Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.