ADSM-L

Re: lift blocked 3575l12 33h checkin

2001-06-28 04:13:26
Subject: Re: lift blocked 3575l12 33h checkin
From: "Koen A. Willems" <k_willems AT TTP-INT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:14:55 +0200
David,

Although your explanation is very plausible, I cant find any damage on the
cable.

When I look at the moveing picker I can't see the grayribbon obstructing the
transport mechanism.

When you say ribbon cable is getting caught, Do you mean the long gray
ribbon cable from the base of the box to the picker ?

The strange thing is that when I use AIX tapeutil everything works fine....

When I do a " checkinlibvol ....... search=bulk checkl=bar" I get a error on
the Magstar 33h liftblocked and a Sense Code in the activity log and the
picker stops all action..

When I do a " checkinlibvol ..... search=bulk checkl=yes" I get a error on
the Magstar 33h liftblocked and No sense code in the activity log and the
picker moves the volume from the I/O port to his element.

So I guess there is somthing wrong with the Barcode Reader.. I allready had
an IBM CE turn the magstar inside out and recalibrate the barcodereader..
but nothing works....

I am now analysing the Sense code ( IBM is analysing ;-) .

So I am out of ideas on this problem for now....

Maybe Can the List help me out ?

Thanx for your Reply ...

Koen.