ADSM-L

Re: Pre schedule command to stop NT service ??

2001-06-25 16:23:23
Subject: Re: Pre schedule command to stop NT service ??
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:24:05 -0700
Just create a batch file that contains the line "net stop <Service_Name>"
 Where Service_Name is the
service that you want to start.
(I use ADSMSTOP.CMD for the filename.)
in the DSM.OPT file, add the line:
PRESCHEDULECMD "C:\tivoli\tsm\baclient\ADSMSTOP.CMD"

(Adjusting the path to match your system. The batch file doesn't have to
reside in the TSM directory)

You can also add a POSTSCHEDULECMD to restart the service after the backup
completes.

Note: The Scheduler service must be stopped and restarted before the command
will become active,
and the Scheduler must be running under an account that has NT rights to stop
the service.