ADSM-L

AW: Reclamation of COPY-POOL-Volumes

2001-06-25 01:37:49
Subject: AW: Reclamation of COPY-POOL-Volumes
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:38:45 +0200
Thanks,
but I think it is some more complicated :
because it works with server-to-server connection for every client the
server creates a new logical volume (on the source server) each day a 'copy
stg_pool' is started. On the target server all logical volumes (of all
clients)  of one 'copy stg_pool' session  are stored on one tape until it is
filled up. So I do want collocated data but I do want some reclamation where
the lets say 10% of valid data of more then one volume are stored together
on one new logical volume (e.g. delete 5 volumes create 1 new).
If this is handeled by putting 'reclamation threshold' to 90% for copy_pool
it's ok, but what it looks like on my server is that he creates one new
logical volume for one reclamed old one (so for the target server
reclamation works, but on the source server the number of logical volumes
increases from day to day).

Christoph