ADSM-L

Reclamation of COPY-POOL-Volumes

2001-06-22 08:31:49
Subject: Reclamation of COPY-POOL-Volumes
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:32:47 +0200
Hy all,

we have two backup-server, where we write our data to a tape-library. For
all our tape-pools we have defined one copy-pool which links to the other
server where the data are written to a separate tape-pool (pool_extern). We
have defined collocation for all our pools. When I now run reclamation on
the copy_pool I see, that for all copy-pool-volume the server deletes, he
defines a new one where the rest of the data are transfered.
This seems to be logical (because the reclaimed volumes are not empty and
the rest of the data has to be handeled like this because collocation is on)
but what I wanted is to reduce the number of volumes in the copy-pool. How
can I manage this and what is the real right way to reclaim data in a
copy-pool (or do I have to set the 'Maximum Scratch Volumes
Allowed'-Parameter in the Copy-Pool-Definition to unlimited ?).

Thanks for help

Christoph