ADSM-L

Solaris client assertion failure (mempool.cpp)

2001-06-21 16:10:56
Subject: Solaris client assertion failure (mempool.cpp)
From: Robert Kennedy <robertk AT MOTOWN.CC.UTEXAS DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:12:21 -0500
Roughly 35% of the time I perform an incremental backup from a Solaris
machine (v4.1.2 client) to a v4.1.3 server it goes to almost-completion
and then aborts with the following message:

Assertion failed: poolP->incSize > 0, file mempool.cpp, line 719

Through many iterations of changing the config file, I think it has
something to do with excluding directories/filesystems that don't exist
and perhaps something with automounted filesystems.  I can't seem to pin
it on anything specific though.  Using memoryefficientbackup seemed to
help a little.

I noticed that a few previous folks had problems similar to this and was
wondering if there was any resolution to the issue.

Thanks,
Robert Kennedy
University of Texas at Austin
ITS UNIX Services