ADSM-L

Re: Does TSM support the 3581 LTO changer in manual mode?

2001-06-21 09:40:01
Subject: Re: Does TSM support the 3581 LTO changer in manual mode?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:30:28 -0500
Well -- the problem is that I can get about an even-up swap on contract cost
on the drive change; if I'm the first customer to contract the *library*, I
get cover about half the purchase cost for the D/R site. Not happy about
that bit at all. I'm holding out until someone larger than us contracts the
library and covrs the initial acquisition cost (they've already got 3581s).

As it is, we're playing games with leases to get the 3584 and drives and
tapes to come in for a lower monthly cost than the STK (or I get to live
with the STK/DLT solution for another year).

I can understand the testy -- I'm getting a bit wound up about this myself
:-)

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc