ADSM-L

AFS and TSM problems

2001-06-20 16:04:35
Subject: AFS and TSM problems
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:05:35 -0400
Hello all...

I am in the unfortunate state of trying to get AFS 3.6 butc and the TSM
4.1 API to work together.  According to the AFS docs, this combination
isn't supported, but I don't have access to the 3.7 client.  I'm getting
the following error when trying to start up the Tape Coordinator (butc):

XBSA management class is AFS_DR
XBSA node is AFS_DR
XBSA Password has been read
XBSA server is ogre
XBSA type is TSM
Status every 16777216 Bytes
xbsa_Initialize: The XBSAInit call failed with 12
     XBSA: A specified keyword is invalid
InitToServer: Unable to initialize the XBSA library to server ogre
     butx: XBSA initialization of the XBSA interface failed

The dsierror.log indicates the problem:
06/20/01   12:31:46 ANS1038S Invalid option specified
06/20/01   16:00:31 ANS1036S Invalid option '.' found in options file
'/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin'
         at line number : 1
         Invalid entry : '.'

(Note that the '.' actually contains some funky char, looks like an 'o'
w/ a line through it, not a zero).

I have repeatedly tried re-creating the dsm.opt file w/o success...

Anyone have an idea?  This is all running on a H70 AIX 4.3.3, TSM 4.1.2.0
w/ AFS 3.6 2.5

TIA!

Regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                                Systems Administrator |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-6723/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                 www.clarkson.edu/cis |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.