ADSM-L

Re: Volhistory after Reload

2001-06-15 10:30:28
Subject: Re: Volhistory after Reload
From: Neil Schofield <Neil.Schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:58:48 +0100
Gerhard

I put a similar posting on the list server last November (see below). I
think it's a bug.

I used the following to get around it:

1. Set the disaster recovery option for DB backup series expiration to be a
value less than the age of all the backups you wish to delete.
SET DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS = 7

2. Identify the database backup volumes that you want to get rid of from
the Q VOLHIST TYPE=DBB command.

3. For each eligible volume, execute the following command to change the
state to VAULT:
MOVE DRMEDIA volumename TOSTATE=VAULT REMOVE=NO

4. Because these volumes are older than the DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS the state
is immediately changed to VAULT RETRIEVE. They can therefore be brought
back on site and deleted using the following:
MOVE DRMEDIA volumename WHERESTATE=VAULTRETRIEVE TOSTATE=ONSITE

5. The volumes can then be checked back into the library.

You may have to tailor this depending on the disaster recovery procedures
on your site, but it gives a general idea.

Neil

---------------------- Forwarded by Neil Schofield/Technology/YWS/Yorkshire
Water on 15/06/2001 14:41 ---------------------------
Water on 15/06/2001 14:41 ---------------------------