ADSM-L

Deleting backupsets out of volhist (old chestnut, sorry)

2001-06-14 19:20:22
Subject: Deleting backupsets out of volhist (old chestnut, sorry)
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:21:04 +1200
Running 3.7.4 on solaris.
I had three backupsets.
One was deleted before it expired, the other two were allowed to expire.

Now I have three tapes that I can't use.

This was posted back in Feb...

...but in fact it's only half-fixed.  There is no way to delete backupsets
from the volume history.

Is there any further progress with this?

I can think of two workarounds:
1. Delete all volhist up to the date they were made.
2. Relabel the tapes with a new name.

...but I don't really want to use either of them because I'm using volhist
to track how many times tapes have been re-used.