ADSM-L

Disk volumes varying themselves offline or to a readonly status b y themselves

2001-06-13 15:28:08
Subject: Disk volumes varying themselves offline or to a readonly status b y themselves
From: "Mueller, Philip J." <pmueller AT PURINA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:13:52 -0500
I have recently implemented TSM v4.1.3 and have encountered a problem with
my diskpool volumes.  I currently have disk storage volumes in three
locations: locally on the TSM server, NAS (network attached storage device),
and on another network server.  What is happening is that the storage
volumes that are not local on the server are changing their status from
read/write to readonly and/or varying themselves offline while the local
volume has never mysteriously changed its' status.  Initially, I suspected
it might have had something to do with the NAS so I defined several volumes
on other network servers only to have them do the same thing.  I haven't
been able to identify an event that might cause this to happen because it
seems random.  I have had them change their status within minutes of
correcting up to a day or so.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Philip J. Mueller
Information Systems Assistant
Ralston Purina Company - Denver CO
pmueller AT purina DOT com <mailto:pmueller AT purina DOT com>