ADSM-L

Solaris 3.7.2.0 tsm client file system limit ?

2001-06-12 10:01:16
Subject: Solaris 3.7.2.0 tsm client file system limit ?
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:01:44 -0500
I added additional file systems to blah, the TSM incremental died and the
process terminated. The logged error was "Program memory exhausted".
Experimented with unmounting some file systems. In the range of 487 through
489 file systems mounted, the TSM client fails similarly. Below that, the
incremental works. The total mounted now, with all new file systems in
place, is 495.

Wasn't a shortage of memory (that we could see... this is a hugh E10K)

I checked the web site but couldn't find any hits on this...

Is there a limit for the number of file systems this can process ? ? ?

memoryeff yes
didn't help

one thing that did help was to use a domain statement to exclude file
systems we didn't want to deal with
(normally we use exclude statements)

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this

Dwight