ADSM-L

New parameters in TSM4.1 server?

2001-06-12 06:06:13
Subject: New parameters in TSM4.1 server?
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:13:16 +0200
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any issues with the two new parameters called:
ThroughputDataThreshold
ThroughputTimeThreshold
According to the manual these options affect your backup process - there is
no mention of restores. Can anybody say for definate that restores are not
'judged' (for a lack of a better word), by these two parameters?

I've noticed that we have some large restores being cancelled by the server
with a message saying the throughput was not met and thus cancels the
restore.
Is it supposed to be applicable to restores - my thinking is not....
If we up the timethreshold to something rediculous we get our restores done
but then normal sessions seem to start hanging.

Our server version is 4.1.3 on OS/390 2.10. are there others that have the
same issues? I'm opening a call regarding this with IBM - just thought I'll
run it past you guys/gals first.
I also have an issue with administrator sessions that can not be cancelled -
only a server halt will cancel the sessions.

Cheers
Christo