ADSM-L

Re: tsm mirroring vs pprc

2001-06-09 06:53:20
Subject: Re: tsm mirroring vs pprc
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 21:35:10 -0500
Richard Bates wrote:
> However company strategy says that *all* mirroring must be done via PPRC.
> Does anyone have any experience with PPRC?  Can it cope with partial page
> writes?  Am I safer to use TSM mirroring?

This question stirs more advocacy threads than anythin else.

There seems to be no definitive answer to the mirroring question. It has
been said that mirroring was introduced to ADSM because ADSM was being
ported to operating systems that had no native mirroring abilities
(read: Windows); that way, all OSs that ran TSM would have mirroring
capabilities.