ADSM-L

Primary tape has errors

2001-06-06 15:26:14
Subject: Primary tape has errors
From: "Hunter, Bob" <robert.hunter AT COURANT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:12:01 -0400
I have a primary backup tape which has tape errors.
I want to find out what tapes I will need to bring from offsite to recreate.

I ran    RESTORE VOLUME ibm362 preview=y

And the only message I got back was for one tape , is this the only tape
needed.

                        ANR1255W Files on volume IBM458 cannot be restored -

                          access mode is "unavailable" or "offsite".

ANR1241I Restore preview of volumes in primary storage
                          pool LTOPOOL has ended.  Files Restored: 15813,
Bytes
                          Restored: 5658318648.

Thanks in advance bobh