ADSM-L

Re: Schedule clients for backup

2001-06-06 12:18:11
Subject: Re: Schedule clients for backup
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:18:45 -0400
It's bit Rube-Goldbergish:
You have a Domino client node, with a script that will back it up sitting on
the client.
What happens is:
        -you make sure dsmc sched is running on that (ie the normal file-system
client)
        -you make a TSM server schedule with action=command, object=that client
script
and the TSM server fires up the schedule,
        dsmc sched gets contacted,
        dsmc sched runs the client script for you.

Be aware dsmc is not very good about reporting errors if it gets them.
The error code will probably be in the dsmsched.log file, but "query events"
will probably say things are fine even if it failed.