ADSM-L

Re: ANR0444W TDP MSSQL NT Error

2001-06-05 22:38:14
Subject: Re: ANR0444W TDP MSSQL NT Error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:45:48 -0400
Herfried,

You may want to get a later version of the TSM API
installed on your machine to see if that resolves
the problems. Otherwise...

This diagnosis will probably require some tracing
at the TSM API and TDP level.  I would recommend
calling IBM/Tivoli support so they can examine the traces
to find out what the TSM server doesn't like about the
verb communications that TDP for SQL is using.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Herfried Abel
                    <ha7@DAIMLERCHR       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    YSLER.COM>            cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:       Subject:     ANR0444W TDP MSSQL NT
Error
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    06/05/2001
                    03:09 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hello,

we are running an TDP for MSSQL on NT Agent ( V 1.1.2 ) on an clustered NT
CLient. ADSM Server is 3.1.2.20 ( I know - out of service) on an RS6K/AIX.
We backup abouth 35 MSSQL DBs in sequence. Each time we run the backup (
eighter full or inremental ) we get about 10 times the error.

ANR0444W Protocol error on session 67886 for node MSSQL   (TDP MSSQL NT) -
out-of-sequence verb (type Data) received.

This means the backup fails for 10 DBs and is successfull for the rest, as
the following message shows :
( Failing DBs differ from backup to backup )

ANE4990I (Session: 67892, Node: MSSQL)  TDP MSSQL NT   ACO3508 Sql
Application Client:
Backup from server  NTSQL01 complete: 24 of 35 objects backed up
successfully. 538,961,920 bytes backed up in 507,38 seconds.

So I searched the adsm.org and IBM PTF server, found a lot pf questions
regarding this subjects but no answers. Did anyone of you already find a
sulution for this problem ??

Thanks herfried