ADSM-L

Netware and Btrieve

2001-06-05 15:53:40
Subject: Netware and Btrieve
From: Brecton Whitten <bwhitten AT UABMC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:54:30 -0500
*SMer's,

  In searching the postings, I did not see a solution
concerning the question I currently have. Does
anyone out there backup Btrieve databases without
stopping them first? I am somewhat familiar with OFM
from St. Bernard as we use it on other clients. The problem
we are having seems to be that TSM gets exclusive control
of Btrieve files and does not release it.

  Our environment is TSM server/client 4.1.2 , Netware 4.11,
and Btrieve 6.15. I have been told that stopping Btrieve on a
nightly basis to do a backup is not an option for this client.

 If anyone has slain this dragon before, I would appreciate
your input.

                                                             Brec Whitten
                                                       bwhitten AT uabmc DOT
edu