ADSM-L

TSM Client Error

2001-06-05 12:51:34
Subject: TSM Client Error
From: Jon Adams <Jon.Adams AT PREMERA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:52:33 -0700
Good morning everyone.  I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the
following error?

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1011
Date:           06/01/2001
Time:           01:37:01
User:           N/A
Computer:       MTLK15
The library file ""dsmcperf.dll"" specified for the "TSM Client Performance"
service could not  be opened. Performance data for this service will not be
available.  Status code is data DWORD 0.
Data:
0000: 7e 00 00 00               ~...

This error occurs on various Windows NT 4.0 client systems (server and
workstation) and in a number of different versions within ADSM/TSM from v3.x
to v4.x.  All clients are running against an ADSM 3.7.x host on an MVS
OS/390 (hope I have the MF "lingo right") platform (shortly moving to AIX on
RS/6K).  This error shows up in the WNT Event Viewer and appears in an
annoying dialog box upon service start , but does not appear to affect the
successful operation of client or host.  Previous document research has been
unsuccessful to date.  Any insight would be very appreciated.  Thank you.

Regards,

Jon R. Adams
Systems Engineer, BS&T Infrastructure
Premera Blue Cross