ADSM-L

Re: Windows 2000 server backups

2001-06-05 11:48:40
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 server backups
From: "Leake, Shaun" <shaun.leake AT GB.UNISYS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:49:32 -0500
Hello there

We use a TSM scheduled task that uses NTBACKUP in WIn2k to backup the system
state to a flat file (some 200-300MB needed to dump this to disk), and then
use TSM to back up this and all the other files.

For a restore we restore all the files with TSM (including the NTBACKUP
file) and then have written a VBS script to automate the restoring of the
system state from the NTBACKUP.

Seems to work fine, even in complex domain, firewall setup.

Had so many problems with TSM backing up system state that resorted to this
method and have never looked back

Have fun
        Shaun

Shaun Leake