ADSM-L

inclexcl unix problems

2001-06-05 11:41:25
Subject: inclexcl unix problems
From: Jeannine Walter <eventer AT INLINK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:42:22 -0500
I know, I know.  This topic has been rehashed forever and a day but I need
some help.  Since using the 4.1.x.x client, I have been unable to get the
inclexcl list to work on my unix clients.  Here's what I want to do:
exclude /archive and everything under /archive.  I've tried:
EXCLUDE /archive/*
EXCLUDE /archive
EXCLUDE.fs /archive
All at different times.  All unsuccessful.  How do I know it's
unsuccessful?  If I go to the client and issue q ba /archive/, I not only
see /archive and I see subdirectories and data files under it.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks.
Jeannine Walter
eventer AT inlink DOT com